At Revitalize Physical Therapy, we are continually adding new workshops and exercise events in order to best serve and educate our community. Check out our Facebook page for updates and photos of our events!
Wednesday, November 14 at 7 - 8:30 PM
Hales Corners Location
Having a baby soon? Did you know there are ways to prepare for an easier delivery with less trauma and a faster recovery from childbirth?
Join us for this interactive workshop where you'll learn from our experienced Physical Therapists:
- The major changes that the pelvic floor undergoes during pregnancy and delivery
- Ways to minimize your risk for tearing, injury and Cesarean section
- What to do to ensure a faster recovery after childbirth
- How your pelvic floor and core are essential for childbirth and function with a new baby
- Specific exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor and core muscles
This workshop will include handouts, demonstration, and specific exercises will be shown. Partners are welcome. Please bring a yoga mat if you have one.
Please bring a yoga mat if you have one as we will be learning some exercises during the workshop.
Thursday, November 15 at 7 - 9 PM
How healthy is your pelvic floor, mama? If you're dealing with or wondering about...
- peeing your pants (even when you laugh/cough/run/jump/sneeze)
- painful sex
- pelvic pain or pressure
- core weakness (AKA Diastasis Recti)
...then this workshop is for you! Join us for a wine & cheese tasting as Dr. Brenda Heinecke from Revitalize Physical Therapy talks all about these common (but not normal!) pelvic floor dysfunctions. During the event, she'll chat about
- Why your pelvic floor is an essential component to your core
- The most common dysfunctions of the pelvic floor
- How to avoid or alleviate incontinence, back pain and painful intercourse
- Specific exercises and tips to have a healthy pelvic floor for the long term
The pelvic floor is often overlooked, downplayed, and ignored. However, it is vital for the body's function and becomes problematic in many women. Dr. Brenda will teach you why we need to give our pelvic floors some attention and help you have a healthy pelvic floor long-term.
(Did we mention there will be wine??)
Spaces are limited, so register now!
Wednesday, November 28 at 6 - 7:30 PM
Authentic Birth Center
Do you leak or pee your pants when you run/jump/cough/sneeze? Do your friends know you as the one who always has to "go"? Or do you frequently feel like you need to use the bathroom *right now*? While these are all common issues, they're actually NOT normal and can be fixed.
Join us for an interactive workshop to learn all about how to get rid of your incontinence for good! This workshop is the second of our 4-part Pelvic Floor Workshop series. In this series, you'll learn about pelvic floor (AKA "mom") issues, what causes them, and what you can do to fix them. Note: You don't have to join us for the entire 4-part series to attend!
For our November Workshop, Dr. Brenda Heinecke will talk about all things Incontinence, which refers to any amount of leakage at any time, and is a common issue many women experience after having babies.
The workshop will take place on Wednesday, November 28th from 6 to 7:30 PM at Authentic Birth Center.
This workshop will include handouts, demonstration, and specific exercises will be shown. Wear comfortable clothing.
We look forward to seeing you there!