At Revitalize Physical Therapy, we are continually adding new workshops and exercise events in order to best serve and educate our community. Check out our Facebook page for updates and photos of our events!
Wednesday, May 16 at 7 - 8:30 PM
Hales Corners Location
Are you approaching the age of menopause? Have you started to notice some changes occurring in your body related to incontinence, sexual function, and body composition? Join us for this interactive workshop to learn about the most common issues that occur for women during menopause and how to alleviate them.
We will cover topics such as back pain, incontinence, weight gain, loss of muscle and bone mass, insomnia, hot flashes and more! If you want to have a healthy, active life and don't want to get slowed down by these issues, join us for this great workshop! Spaces are limited, so reserve your ticket!
Wednesday, June 13 at 7 - 8:30 PM
Do you worry about jumping on the trampoline with your kids? Embarrassed about having to run to the bathroom frequently? Are you hoping to return to sex without pain? We can help you find a solution for all of these common issues.
Join us for this interactive workshop where you will learn:
- Why your pelvic floor is an essential component to your core
- The most common dysfunctions of the pelvic floor
- How to avoid or alleviate incontinence, back pain and painful intercourse
- Specific exercises and tips to have a healthy pelvic floor for the long term
The pelvic floor is often overlooked, downplayed, and ignored. However, it is vital for the body's function and becomes problematic in many women. Our physical therapists will teach you why we need to give our pelvic floors some attention and help you have a healthy pelvic floor long-term.
Please bring a yoga mat if you have one as we will be learning some exercises during the workshop.
Wednesday, July 18 at 7 - 8:30 PM
Hales Corners Location
Having a baby soon? Did you know there are ways to prepare for an easier delivery with less trauma and a faster recovery from childbirth?
Join us for this interactive workshop where you'll learn from our experienced Physical Therapists:
- The major changes that the pelvic floor undergoes during pregnancy and delivery
- Ways to minimize your risk for tearing, injury and Cesarean section
- What to do to ensure a faster recovery after childbirth
- How your pelvic floor and core are essential for childbirth and function with a new baby
- Specific exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor and core muscles
This workshop will include handouts, demonstration, and specific exercises will be shown. Partners are welcome. Please bring a yoga mat if you have one.