We are SUPER excited to share this podcast episode because we are talking all about our pregnancy research study, which has been a labor or love (no pun intended) for a long time! We are now enrolling participants into our pregnancy research study which will be looking at the effects of pelvic floor physical therapy during pregnancy and the outcomes on delivery, including the length of pushing, perineal tearing, and C-section. It has been a long process to design this prenatal research study and get the official approval in order to begin. Now that we can accept participants, we wanted to share more about the pregnancy research study for those who are interested and answer some of the common questions we have been asked. Feel free to share our web page with anyone you may know that would be interested. Our research requires us to treat over 100 participants, and we would appreciate your help in spreading the word about this groundbreaking research! Listen to this episode and learn more about why we’re doing this study, what the treatment looks like, how much it costs, and more.
- [1:11] We describe the basic goal of this pregnancy research study and explain what we are measuring.
- [2:32] One of the most common questions we get is: “What made you decide to do this study?” We explain why we felt it was important to conduct this research.
- [3:58] We explain why this research is so groundbreaking.
- [5:06] We answer the question, “Who can participate in the study?” and explain the factors that would disqualify a woman from participating.
- [6:35] The treatment plan for this pregnancy research study had to be standardized, and we describe what the prenatal pelvic floor physical therapy entails.
- [8:16] The type of treatment we are using is much like the same treatment we use for other pelvic floor dysfunctions.
- [8:54] We explain the cost and commitment associated with participating in this pregnancyresearch study.
- [10:30] We address the question of whether or not a woman can participate if she is planning a VBAC.
- [11:03] Can a woman participate even if she’s having pain or other issues during her pregnancy? We discuss this topic.
- [11:36] We chat about how this prenatal physical therapy is different from “normal” pelvic floor physical therapy.
- [12:42] One of our most popular questions from women is, “Should pregnant women be doing kegels during pregnancy?” We discuss the misconceptions around doing kegels while pregnant.
- [15:03] Some people think that they should just wait until after they're done having babies to fix any pelvic floor issues. We talk about why this may not be the best approach and how preventative treatment can make a big difference.
Subscribe and Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I will be adding bonus episodes and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those! Click here to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.
Now if you’re enjoying the episodes, I’d be really grateful if you left me a review also. Those reviews can help other people find my podcast so they can benefit from the information too. Plus, who doesn’t like to hear nice things about their work?!? Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what you’ve enjoyed the most. Thank you so much!