Embarrassed that you have to bring a change of clothes with you anywhere you go?
Worried that you can't jump on the trampoline with your kids?
Tired of running to the bathroom during your workout?
Luckily, you don't need to suffer from incontinence anymore! We help women stop suffering and get back to an active lifestyle without needing pills, surgery, or incontinence products.
Download your FREE copy of our "7 Easy Ways to END Incontinence" to learn what you can do to stop suffering from incontinence and return to an active lifestyle without relying on incontinence products, pills or surgery.
What is incontinence?
Incontinence is defined as any leakage of urine at any time. There are three different types of incontinence:
- Stress incontinence is unwanted urinary leakage and can occur with jumping, running, quick movements, or sneezing.
- Urge incontinence is frequent urination and impaired sensations signaling the need to urinate.
- Mixed incontinence is a combination of the previous two and is the most common form of incontinence.
What causes incontinence?
While there are many factors that can lead to incontinence, each person is different! Here are some of the common factors:
- Weakness and/or tightness of the pelvic floor muscles
- Impaired coordination of the muscles
- Nerve injury leading to decreased ability to contract the muscles properly
- Increased abdominal pressure from holding your breath with activities
- Poor bladder habits
- Vaginal childbirth increases your risk
How can physical therapy help you?
If you are suffering from incontinence, I have good news for you! Physical therapy can help alleviate that and help you avoid surgery or pills. There are also many misconceptions out there on how to treat incontinence and often times those tips can make it worse. Here are the ways we address incontinence:
- Determine the cause of incontinence (weak versus tight muscles) in order to address it properly
- Retrain the muscles to coordinate properly
- Alleviate tight and/or painful muscles
- Strengthen core and pelvic floor muscles for support
Talk to a PT Before Scheduling
Not sure where to start? Have questions for us before you book your first appointment? Let's chat by phone so we can be sure Revitalize is a great fit for you!
Ask About Cost & Availability
Looking for more information about cost and availability? Fill out this quick form, and we'll be happy to give you all the details before you schedule!
Free 30-Minute Consultation
Unsure if physical therapy can help you with your issues? Come in for a free 30-minute visit and we'll talk about what treatment would look like for you.