At Revitalize Physical Therapy, we are continually adding new workshops and exercise events in order to best serve and educate our community. Check out our Facebook page for updates and photos of our events!
Wednesday, June 24 | 7:00 PM
Did you know that the following issues are all signs of changing hormones and that there can be long-term effects from these?
- leaking when you laugh/cough/run/jump/sneeze (even just a little!)
- changes in libido and painful sex
- urge to use the bathroom right now
- needing to use the bathroom frequently
- pelvic pressure or heaviness
- vaginal dryness
- loss of muscle mass & weight gain
While all of these are common issues for women to experience, they're not actually normal, and we shouldn't just have to deal with them. The impact of changing hormones can lead to more serious health complications besides pelvic floor dysfunction such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, and cognitive impairments. Recognizing changing hormones early can allow you to help prevent these health issues.
Join us for our online Changing Hormones Workshop as Dr. Brenda Heinecke from Revitalize Physical Therapy talks all about these common (but not normal!) pelvic floor dysfunctions and how to improve them. During the event, she'll chat about:
- Anatomy of the pelvic floor and why your it is an essential component to your health
- Common hormone function and signs of fluctuating hormone levels
- The most common issues experience with changing hormones
- How to avoid or alleviate incontinence, prolapse, painful intercourse, and more
- Ways to prevent serious health issues such as heart disease, diabetes and osteoporosis
- Specific exercises and tips to have a healthy pelvic floor long-term
Attendees will receive a hormone screening tool, Changing Hormones Workbook, complete with pelvic health tips, hormone balancing tips, and an exercise program as a starting point toward long term health. Workshop will take place via a private Zoom meeting.
Spaces are limited, so register now!