At Revitalize Physical Therapy, we are continually adding new workshops and exercise events in order to best serve and educate our community. Check out our Facebook page for updates and photos of our events!
Monday, August 17, 2020
During this workshop, we'll go beyond your basic yoga moves and provide education along with movement, focusing on how to properly engage your core and pelvic floor muscles.
Dr. Brenda Heinecke, PT, DPT, CSCS will talk use her expertise in pelvic floor physical therapy to lead a 2-hour workshop where you'll learn:
• How the core and pelvic floor work together
• What it means to have a healthy core and pelvic floor without issues like incontinence, back pain, or pelvic pain.
• How to use diaphragmatic breathing during yoga and other exercise
• What diastasis recti (AKA abdominal separation) is and how to heal from it
• Which core exercises are safe for you, especially during pregnancy, postpartum or when dealing with a prolapse or diastasis recti
• How to use yoga and stretching to strengthen the core and pelvic floor safely
There is a lot of information out there about how to properly engage your core, which exercises to do if you have pelvic floor dysfunction, and how to resolve common "lady issues" with exercise and movement. And it can be confusing to know where to begin! Dr. Brenda will clarify all of your questions and help you start with the basics when it comes to your core and pelvic floor and get you on track to preventing or resolving any issues.
This workshop will include handouts, demonstration, and exercises. Virtual attendees are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing and set up at home with a yoga mat and enough space to move on the mat.
Spaces are limited, so register now! We look forward to seeing you!