At Revitalize Physical Therapy, we are continually adding new workshops and exercise events in order to best serve and educate our community. Check out our Facebook page for updates and photos of our events!
Tuesday, April 23rd at 12:30 PM
Proper recovery and care is essential for moms who have given birth (or plan to give birth) via Cesarean Section. But what does proper C-Section Recovery look like? Join us for this Facebook Live where we'll talk about:
What happens during a c-section and why recovery can be so difficult
- How to care for and massage your scar
- How to get rid of pain, numbness, or skin puckering at the incision site
- How to safely get your core strength back and return to activity and functional movement
Dr. Brenda Heinecke, PT, DPT, CSCS, will be answering all of your c-section questions during our Facebook Live event on Tuesday, April 23rd at 12:30 PM CST.
Thursday, May 30th at 12:30 PM
Ever feel pressure or a dropping feeling *down there* while jumping, lifting something, or sneezing? It could be prolapse. Pelvic organ prolapse can be a confusing topic for many people. And providers often give women two options when it comes to prolapse: a) live with it or b) have surgery. But there’s hope and other treatment options for women with prolapse!
Join us for this Facebook Live where we'll talk about:
- What is prolapse and how is it diagnosed
- What causes prolapse and what can make it worse?
- Treatment options like physical therapy and strengthening exercises
- When other measures like a pessary or surgery would be necessary
Dr. Brenda Heinecke, PT, DPT, CSCS, will be sharing lots of great info about prolapse and answering all of your questions during our Facebook Live event on Thursday, May 30th at 12:30 PM CST. We hope you’ll join us!
Thursday, June 20th at 6:00 PM
Authentic Birth Center - Wellness Collective
"Why did no one tell me this when I was pregnant?" is something we often hear from new moms. During pregnancy, women do a lot to prepare for baby's arrival, but many overlook the importance of preparing the pelvic floor muscles for pregnancy and birth. Then, after delivery, lots of new moms are surprised not only to experience issues like incontinence, pelvic pain, prolapse or diastasis recti (abdominal separation), but also to find out that they could have prevented them!
Join us for our upcoming workshop to learn why pelvic health is so important when it comes to managing pregnancy symptoms, preparing for delivery, recovering from childbirth, and returning to exercise and functional movement postpartum. Our experienced physical therapists will share information about:
- The major changes that the pelvic floor undergoes during pregnancy, labor and delivery
- Ways to minimize your risk for perineal tearing, pelvic floor injury and Cesarean section
- What you can do to set yourself up for a faster recovery after childbirth
- How your pelvic floor and core are essential for childbirth and function with a new baby
- Specific pregnancy-safe exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor and core muscles
This workshop will include handouts, demonstration, and specific exercises will be shown. Partners are welcome. Please bring a yoga mat if you have one.