At Revitalize Physical Therapy, we are continually adding new workshops and exercise events in order to best serve and educate our community. Check out our Facebook page for updates and photos of our events!
Wednesday, November 13 at 7 PM
Hales Corners Location
A woman's body undergoes countless changes during pregnancy and childbirth. (Your body brought life into the world, after all!) And these changes have a huge impact on how our bodies recover during the postpartum period. It's essential that we follow certain guidelines when it comes to returning to activity and taking care of our bodies postpartum. Plus, when common postpartum issues like incontinence or pain creep up, it's important to know what's normal and what's not.
Join us for our upcoming workshop where we'll talk about:
- The major changes that the body undergoes during pregnancy, labor, delivery and recovery
- What you can do to set yourself up for a better recovery after childbirth
- Rules for safely and gradually returning to activity after giving birth
Which exercises to avoid postpartum to prevent injury and other issues
- Appropriate timeline for progressing toward your personal exercise goals (i.e. running, sports, etc.)
- How to properly engage your core to protect your back and pelvic floor as a mom
- Functional ways to move your body, lift your kids, etc, without causing injury
- Which postpartum issues are normal and which are not
Take charge of your postpartum recovery and be prepared for the changes that come your way! This workshop will include handouts, demonstration, and specific exercises will be shown. Partners are welcome. Please bring a yoga mat if you have one.
Spaces are limited, so register now!